We are the Change
The project aims to contribute to strengthening the steadfastness of the residents of Jerusalem, preserving the Palestinian character in the city, and promoting the social and economic empowerment of marginalized communities and vulnerable groups (children, youth, and women) in the Old City of Jerusalem. The project includes a number of academic, sports and artistic activities and events, including football, basketball, Arabic, English, Hebrew, mathematics, computer and drawing courses. In addition to awareness-raising, psychological and social sessions, summer camp activities and Burj Al-Luqluq Pottery Training Center, in addition to the Burj Al-Luqluq Kindergarten.
Figures and statistics during the year 2021:
- Psychosocial support program (110 of whom are children, youth, and women).
- Academic support program for school students: Arabic (46), English (72), mathematics (43), Hebrew (57, including women) and computer (29, including women).
- Sports training program (Basketball 45 women, football 71 men).
- Burj Al-Luqluq Community Kindergarten (78 children, 40 of whom graduated in May 2021, in addition to 38 newcomers in September 2021).
- Arts courses (106 boys and girls, 78 kindergarten children, in addition to 28 beneficiaries from Bab Hutta).
- Grants from Burj Al-Luqluq Pottery Training Center were granted to nine female students.
The project is supported by the European Union (EU) through the International Committee for the Development of Peoples (CISP).