Project partners & Implementing partners
Burj Luq Luq Social Centre
CISP – International Committee for the Development of Peoples
Bab Hutta, Jerusalem Old City, East Jerusalem, Occupied Palestinian Territories
Vulnerable communities in Jerusalem Old City: families in difficult economic conditions, social distress & exclusion, including the whole Bab Hutta population.
EUR 950000 (European Union contribution 90%)
36 months (2015-2017)
To contribute to strengthen the resilience of Palestinian East Jerusalem residents and preserve the Palestinian character of the city.
To foster social and economic empowerment of most neglected communities and vulnerable groups (children, youth, women) in the Old City of Jerusalem, enhancing provision of basic social services and facilitating employment opportunities & small scale businesses
Social Empowerment: Basic services as psycho-social, schooling and literacy support, entertainment/playing for kids spaces, sport and socio-cultural activities are delivered to vulnerable children, youth and adults in the Old City.
Economic Empowerment: Job opportunities are increased for young people and their families in the Old City, through the set-up of and/or support to marketing-oriented vocational training activities and small scale businesses.
Capacity Building: Empowerment and sustainability of CBO/NSA partner (Burj Al Luq Luq) are improved by supporting specific trainings for its staff (English, organizational capacities, management etc.)
Social Empowerment (ER1):
- Psycho-social all year long assistance for kids and their families, followed and managed by a professional social-worker with proven experience in the field.
- Schooling and literacy support / Literacy courses for children and their parents.
- Sport recreational activities, as football and basketball yearly courses managed by a professional sport coach.
- Kindergarten service and painting training for kids.
- Summer camps for children and youth, including recreational activities and cultural trips.
Economic Empowerment (ER2):
- Make a marketing research to select the best small businesses’ opportunities in local market for small traditional handcraft production in the field of ceramics.
- Technical Assistance and support to Burj Al Luq Luq for establishing a Vocational Training and Workshop activities in the selected sector of ceramics, as well as to set up appropriate related marketing system and strategy.
- Vocational training and apprenticeships in ceramic handcraft.
Setting up one small scale businesses (workshop) for production of ceramic goods